So in all reality, I know to get Dylan from point A (my inners) to point B (the world), all I really need is my vag… but hey I’m a planner and want to make sure we have as many comforts as possible to make this birthing process a hit. And yes, to all those that wanna go to that level… I think I’m probably over preparing physically since I couldn’t be more unprepared mentally. I’ve already accepted, owned and well… just clearly stated that. We’re going into this parenting thing so very blind, but I have all the confidence in the world that Jer and I are going to be rockstar parents.
So aside from my who-who, my loving husband (who I strangely prefer to call my babydaddy) and my amazing mother, I’m planning to bring 3 bags with me – 1 that I bring to the labor room, 1 that Jer brings after we move into our postpartum room, and 1 for baby Dylan. Here’s what I’ve packed in each:
- – Bath robe
- – Camera
- – Jolly ranchers (since eating is apparently a labor no-no)
- – Comfy slippers/socks
- – Basic toiletries: lip balm (EOS is the balm dot com!), toothbrush/paste, headbands
- – iPhone & charger
- – iPad (during any downtime, you best be prepared Draw Something friends!)
Post Labor Bag:
– 4 nursing outfits. I’m crossing my fingers and toes for a natural delivery and short hospital stay, but I’m packing several nursing gowns just to be prepared. I’ve also packed a loose fitting outfit for the trip home and some granny panties to rock with those super sweet thunder pads. Ughhh. Someone please comment and tell me it’s not that bad!
– Nursing sleep bras & supplies
– Outfit for Jer
– Toiletries (for me & Jer)
– Boppy pillow
- – Dylan’s homecoming outfit
- – Soothies – although I hear they give these away like candy at our hospital
- – Swaddle blankets
- – Mittens: I’ve heard the nurses judge you if you forget these. I’ll be judging myself enough, so let’s cut someone else out the judgment equation.
- – Hat: Probably don’t need this for a summer bambino, but it’s cute and babies are bald, so why not.
- – Car seat
So ok all you experienced birthers out there… what am I missing? I’ll update this post after Dylan arrives and let you know what I did and didn’t use.
Leave a comment
I'm Jamie, just one new mama organizing her way to a sweeter and happier home